International Pillow Fight Day Krakow
Any stags coming for their stag weekend in Krakow on the weekend of the 11-12 April should keep their eye out for a special event taking place in the centre of Krakow.
Saturday 11 April will mark one of the more unusual dates in the Polish social calendar when thousands of people descend onto the market square to take part in International Pillow Fight Day.
The event is the brainchild of Urban Playground Movement; an organisation who have been involved with things such as a subway party in Toronto, a mobile clubbing event at a London train station and a massive pillow fight in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. Their main aim is to create free, fun activities for all ages in large public spaces, which is the reason behind International Pillow Fight Day. The fights are actually happening all over Europe, but the Krakow event is all the more special as it’ll take place in the market square which is the largest of its kind in Europe, meaning there’s bound to be a very large turnout.
In Krakow the location will be on the main square with a start time of 13:00. The pillow fight is expected to last two hours or until people get tired; whichever happens first. Anybody is welcome to come a long with a pillow and enjoy the fun, there are just a few rules to remember:
- Bring soft pillows only! This one sounds a bit silly but there are some pretty hefty pillows out there!
- Swing lightly as there’ll be many people swinging at once. The whole idea of the day is it to be a fun event.
- Wait until the starting signal.
- No feather pillows allowed.
- No hitting anyone without a pillow or holding a camera.
- Competitors are asked to bring a bin bag with them to help clean up the mess afterwards.
So if you happen to be in Krakow on this weekend then be sure to check out this event. It’ll be a great way to meet some local people and work up a bit of a sweat which is bound to help with your hangover.